With Canada’s New Food Guide making it’s recent debut, this is a great recipe that features healthy plant-based ingredients paired with omega-3 rich tuna. Enjoy this at a lunch with friends. It’s simply to make but tastes like you just sat down to a lovely seaside Mediterranean restaurant.
Mediterranean Chickpea and Tuna Salad
- 1 5 oz can of tuna canned in water, drained
- 1 14 oz can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
- 1/2-1 English cucumber chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix tuna, chickpeas, chopped cucumber, tomato, parsley together in a bow.Add lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper in small bowl and wisk. Pour onto tuna chickpea mixture and toss. Optional ingredients include chopped red pepper and green onions
This recipe was taught to me by Nesreen Al Hajjar nesreendesign.com while we were working together to create our Cancer Risk Reduction Guide. She made this for us for lunch one day….and I was in Love! The lemon, the parsley, the fresh ingredients! What can I say! I had to share it with you! Enjoy!
Check out what inspired her to make this fresh, healthy lunch for me by checking out our Cancer Risk Reduction Guide.