This Book Will Provide YOU With:
- Some hand-holding as we walk you through an introduction to cancer terminology, treatments and what to expect
- Advance warning and preparation about nutrition-related side effects so that you can be forewarned and forearmed
- A gentle introduction to complementary cancer therapies so that you can know what options are available
- A nutrition toolbox so that you can feel empowered to take your health into your hands as you use food as your medicine
- 150 recipes SPECIFICALLY chosen for YOU each one ‘recommended for’ a specific condition
- ‘Survivor Wisdom’ – words of encouragement, support and understanding from a special group of cancer survivors
- Conversation helpers – otherwise known as references in the event that you, your doctor, nurse or pharmacist wants a deeper conversation about a topic
- My best wishes for your full and complete recovery and my understanding for your situation
- An introduction to me (Jean LaMantia, cancer survivor and registered dietitian). This is only an introduction, as my book is just the first step in my mission to provide you with lifelong learning about nutrition and cancer.
This is my story about why I wrote The Essential Cancer Treatment Nutrition Guide and Cookbook.
Easy to Follow Recipes, With Clear Reasons “Why” You Should Prepare it as well as “How To“
This is an example of one of the recipe pages. You can see the ‘Recommend for’ box in the top left as well as the ‘Bonus feature’ and introduction and nutrition breakdown. These elements are inclued on ALL recipes. In addition, many recipes pages also include a ‘nutrition tip’.
Ready to Order? It Couldn’t Be Simpler…
The book is also available wherever books are sold if you prefer to purchase in person.
Want to Sell My Book at Your Cancer Centre, Support Group, Support Agency, Hospital Gift Shop or Make Available in Your Patient Library?
Bulk orders are available through the Distributor Firefly Books.
In Canada call 1-800-387-5085
In U.S.A. call 1-800-387-6192
or email email@example.com
Praise for The Essential Cancer Treatment Nutrition Guide and Cookbook!
Jean LaMantia is a registered dietitian, cancer survivor and former program leader at Wellspring, a National Network of Cancer Support Centres.
The Medical Advisor
Dr. Neil Berinstein is a medical oncologist at the Odette Cancer Centre at Sunnybrook hospital, an associate scientist and professor in the department of Medicine at University of Toronto.
Robert Rose, Inc is one of North America’s leading publishers of bestselling and award-winning cookbooks and health books designed to guide, inform, advise and do everything possible to make your life easier.
More Praise for The Essential Cancer Treatment Nutrition Guide and Cookbook!
“This book is great resource for cancer patients and their caregivers. It has solid nutrition advice and great recipes too.” – Liz Pearson, Registered Dietitian, author, speaker, www.lizpearson.com. Read her May 6 blog here.
Pamela Bowes, Wellspring Manager Program Development. Read her April 18 blog here.
Monica Matys, Health Reporter, Sunnybrook Hospital. Read her April 23 article and watch her video here
CTV News April 25. Read the Canada Press article here.
My Kawartha May 8. Read Mary Riley’s article here.
National Post on June 5. Read Jennifer Sygo’s column here.
Road to Vitality Blog on June 15th. Read Saba Taye’s article here.
CityTV, Breakfast TV with Dina Pugliese. Watch here.
Dawn Marcus, M.D. Review on July 4. Read her review here.
Breakfast Television Live Eye Sept 26 with Jennifer Valentine talking about recipes for cancer patients.
Breakfast Television Live Eye Sept. 26 with Jennifer Valentine talking about cancer fighting foods.
The Gift that says “I Care”
The Essential Cancer Treatment Nutrition Guide and Cookbook makes a great gift for the person with cancer and their caregiver. A comprehensive guide that will answer their nutrition questions before they know they have them. Instead of wondering how you can help, give the gift of a doctor-approved nutrition companion that every cancer patient should have.
Buy On-line for Easy Affordable Gift-Giving
Registered Dietitians (RD), Diet Technicians Registered (DTR) and Registered Nurses (RN)
You can earn 10-20 CE’s by reading this book and completing the approved test. Find out more here.